The Kiera Project was inspired and delivering in collaboration with Special Olympian, Kiera Byland. The project was funded by The Big Lottery to share Kiera’s journey and raise awareness for disability and the profile of Special Olympics. The project was a huge success holding workshops in education settings including SEN schools, universities and larger settings including guest speakers at the Manchester Games and Playunified.
Some of our successes and partners we worked with:
- That’s Lancashire TV – being asked to share our story on TV!
- Highfurlong SEN, Blackpool – Kiera sharing her story with young pupils and presenting their sports day medals
- Kirkham Grammar School, Preston – Workshop with GCSE/ALevel pupils on disability and how to apply to sport
- University Central Lancashire, Preston – Workshop with Undergraduates about how to coach someone with a disability
- Bolton Wanderers Football Club – A guest speaker evening for staff and young ambassadors
- Playunified – A guest speaker session at The Manchester School Games
We wish Kiera every success in all she continues to do and inspire, she is a fantastic role model!