The aims of our Visual Awareness workshop are to give participants a better understanding of the issues affecting people with a visual impairment.
It is designed to improve inclusive practice and suggest solutions to make life better for everybody.
Our learning outcomes for our Visual Awareness Workshop are to be able to:
- List at least three eye conditions and explain how they could affect functional vision
- List 3 factors which make for an inclusive environment
- Experience six tasks of daily living under simulation
- Discuss and give details of any difficulties experienced and emotional reactions to the simulation
- List at least 4 aids to daily living and their uses